Welcome to Hot Lunch at Mamquam Elementary School
For those of you new to our school, let us introduce the program to you. The Hot Lunch program is an optional monthly program that we offer to our students. It is a fundraiser put on by our Mamquam Parent Group (completely volunteer) and all proceeds go back into the school, benefiting our children. It is fun for the kids to have lunch delivered to their classroom on this day.
Each month there is a “flavour of the month”, like Subway, Panago, Sushi Sen. There are also our “regular” items that are available every month, like hotdogs, cheesewheels, yogurt tubes, drinks, cookies, veggies and dip. We try to offer items that appeal to all children.
Today you will be receiving orders for October 28th and December 2nd. In January, we will hand out the orders for the following two months. If you would like to part take part in Hot Lunch, then please complete and return the forms to school, following these tips:
- Please make sure that your child’s name is clearly labeled on each month’s order. We cut them up after they are received, and having the name on each portion will avoid lost lunch orders.
- If you have children in multiple classes you may bundle them together with one payment, handed to any one of their teachers, or to Ms. Smillie in the office. One cheque may be written for the total of all orders. This makes it much easier for parents!
- You may order one month at a time (see slip for due date), or you can put both together at once and be done with it.
- If you do not wish to order, please return the order with “NO ORDER” written across the front. This will let us know that your child is not partaking, and that their lunch order is not lost.
- If you have any questions about the program or need an extra form, please contact Ms. Smillie in the school office.
- We are always looking for new parent volunteers to help us make Hot Lunch Day a success. If you are able to help in any way, from delivering to classrooms at lunchtime (about 15 minutes of your time), helping to sort /prepare, or maybe by donating Rice Krispie Squares if you are not able to help on the day, then we would really appreciate you joining Many hands make light work! If you’d like to volunteer, contact Ainsley at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our Facebook group “Mamquam Parents Group”. Thank you!
October & December hot lunch order please note that if you are ordering from Subway, you also need to fill in the “What you want on your sandwich” form too!