Image Posted on Updated on
We would like to thank all the staff, students, parents, guardians and volunteers that have made the 2016/2017 school year such a success! We wish you all a wonderful, rejuvenating and safe summer season.
For those students who will be attending Don Ross Middle School for Grade 7, Squamish Elementary for French Immersion, or any other school in our district and beyond, we wish you the very best for your future and you will be missed!
“First Week” – September 5-8th, 2017 (Grades 1-6)
Tuesday September 5th, 2017 – First day of school for Grades 1-6 (8:48am-10am)
- First bell is at 8: 48am and students will be dismissed 10am.
- All returning students in Grades 1-6 will report to previous year’s classroom.
- We welcome all new students and parents to our library where they will be met and brought to their peers
- Please note that students will be grouped in several ways the first week with students being assigned to their new homeroom classes following this first week
Wednesday September 6th, 2017 – Full day for Grade 1-6.
Kindergarten “First Week” Schedule:
- Families have been emailed with information regarding their child gradual entry into Kindergarten and Survival Kit. We will be sending out another email later in August with the groups of the students.
- Kindergartener’s will attend the first day of school for an hour from 11am – 12pm.
- We will provide grouping lists and classrooms for the first week’s activities and will post them lists in the front foyer so parents can escort their children to the classrooms.
- If you have not received this email please contact Mrs. MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration During Summer Hours:
In the event that parents/guardians wish to register their child during the summer, please contact the Sea to Sky School District #48 School Board Office directly at 604-892-5228 and see link below for more information.
With the weather becoming nicer, we encourage students (and families) to walk or bike to school. Most of our students live within a 10 minute walking radius. HASTe (Hub for Active School Travel) has had school, parent, student, RCMP and DOS staff input on safe routes to school. What a great guide for students travelling to school by foot or on bikes/scooters! best-route-to-school